Face In The Mirror Volunteers visit over 5,000 women, men and children annually in the following Valley Hospitals and partnering organizations.
- St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center
- Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center
- Banner Desert Medical Center
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Maricopa Integrated Medical Center, Children’s Hospital
- Hospice of the Valley
- Barrow Neurological Institute
- The Wellness Community
- Ryan House
- Out Of State Hospital Union Holspital Elkton, Maryland
Our outreach of services strives to encourage and give hope in the midst of the patients’ personal storm by enhancing the outward beauty, thereby contributing to the patient’s sense of well-being giving back hope which aids in the healing process. Face in the Mirror volunteers visit the patients in their hospital rooms or while taking chemotherapy or radiation, walk into the life of the patient and with a smile and a bright pink jacket, provide the following:
- Botanical and chemically-free cosmetics and skin care products tucked into a beautiful linen FIM drawstring bag. The bag is embossed with our signature carnation, Charlotte’s favorite flower and logo
- A hand and or foot soothing massage to promote relaxation after a stressful day of treatment and medications comforting and giving back hope, soothing the anxieties of the day.
- We strive to pick the best wig that will give a feeling of “that’s me again” or a fun “look at that girl” in the mirror! We also provide lovely scarves and hats all adding a personal touch of beauty or confidence
- A book of poetry entitled “The Psalm of Life,” written by Barbara MacLean, filled with words to inspire and uplift spirits (Should we think about putting this up when we actually have them in print to hand out?)
- An endearing song, recorded on a CD, entitled “Face in the Mirror,” delivering a message of hope and love to all.
- A mirror given with faith that one day she may look at herself and say, “The face in the mirror is still me!”
2-Monthly “In Celebration of Life” Tea Parties